Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for January 2009. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 23 sales topping $1 million during the month of January 2009. This is less than 1/2 the number that sold in December 2008, indicating that the current state of the economy, and uncertainties about layoffs and other economic issues is definitely starting to impact the luxury market in the D.C. metropolitan area.
JANUARY'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 5335 Summit Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030 -- Sold on January 9th for $4,068,750.
This estate sold at a bankruptcy auction. Set on almost 3.5 acres, this home features over 25,000 square feet of living space, with 8 bedrooms, and 9 full bathrooms. It was built in 2005. 2008 property taxe on this home were $28,115.
- 818 Clinton Place, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on January 21st for $2,300,000.
In the Langley Forest area of McLean, this custom built 2002 home on over an acre features marble baths, coffered ceilings and custom cabinetry on 4 levels. The deck with hot tub backs to trees.
- 11199 Branton Lane, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on January 13th for $2,085,000.
Brand new in 2008, this home in Great Falls with 5 bedrooms and 6 full bathrooms boasts over 7700 square feet of living space. The gourmet kitchen includes a wine fridge, and professional appliances.
- 2779 Marshall Lake Drive, Oakton, VA 22124 -- Sold on January 30th for $1,620,000.
Over 9,000 square feet of living space, 3 fireplaces, and 6 bedrooms on an acre of land made this home a nice buy in Oakton. The gourmet kitchen features Viking and Bosch appliances and the home overlooks a stream.
Homes in this luxury price range are generally selling for a discount from asking price.
- 117 S. Lee Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on January 29th for $1,275,000.
This Old Town Alexandria townhouse has a private and large garden with "hidden" parking for two cars. The historic home was built in 1800 and has 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths and wood floors throughout much of the house.
- 1102 Roundhouse Lane, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on January 30th for $1,185,000.
Built in 1998, this 2 level Charleston-style townhouse is close to the King Street Metro and the wonderul Whole Foods grocery store. A large townhouse at 2800 square feet, it features 2 courtyards and a 2 car garage -- though living here, you can leave the car at home!
- 132 Waterford Place, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on January 9th for $1,100,000.
Another Old Town Alexandria townhouse -- this one on 4 levels and built in 1980. With three fireplaces, and an enclosed brick patio with ornamental pool, this townhouse is perfect for entertaining.
- 8027 Reserve Way, Vienna, VA 22182 -- Sold on January 22nd for $808,873.
A brand new 4 level townhouse with hardwood floors, stainless steel kitchen appliances and 2 car garage in The Reserve at Tysons Corner.
- 1781 Chain Bridge Road #108, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on January 30th for $825,000.
Built in 2008, the boutique condominium Morgan at McLean provides convenient access to Washington D.C. and Tysons Corner. This 2 bedroom 2 bathroom unit has over 2,100 square feet of living space on 1 level.
- 1530 Key Blvd #928, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on January 2nd for $806,000.
Selling for $43K under the asking price, this 2 bedroom Atrium Condo in Rosslyn features parquet floors and an updated kitchen with granite counters. This unit has 2 balconies.
- 1250 S. Washington Street #310, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on January 15th for $770,000.
With a view of the Potomac River, this 2 bedroom and library condo at Porto Vecchio sold in mid-January for $45K under the asking price. The private solarium features great views of both the river and a country club golf course.
- 1530 Key Blvd. #924, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on January 2nd for $640,000.
Another condo unit at the Atrium Condos in Rosslyn. This one was totally renovated and features 1,280 square feet of living space on 2 levels.
Contact Brian Block, REALTOR/Attorney, RE/MAX Allegiance: Licensed in Virginia & Washington D.C. 703-626-0715. If you are interested in purchasing or selling a property in Northern Virginia including Arlington County, Alexandria City, Annandale, Burke, D.C., Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Great Falls, Lorton, McLean, Springfield, Washington D.C., contact Brian today.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: