Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for December 2008. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 50 sales topping $1 million during the month of December 2008. Despite the economy, there are still people in the D.C. metropolitan area with money to purchase their dream homes.
DECEMBER'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 10015 High Hill Place, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on December 2nd for $3,625,000.
In the Falcon Ridge neighborhood of Great Falls, this Tudor home on 2 acres features an amazing wine cellar, home theater, 5 bedrooms and 5 full bathrooms on 4 levels. It was built in 1990.
- 1009 Crest Lane, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on December 12th for $3,550,000.
Sold for $700K under the asking price, this 6 bedroom, 7 full bathroom home with 3 car garage features a fee-form pool with spa and waterfall. The home has an elevator and sits on nearly an acre.
- 6455 Kedleston Court, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on December 1st for $3,300,000.
Built in 1988, this McLean homes with 5 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms includes a gourmet kitchen, billiards room, home theater, pool and pool house. It sold for $550,000 below asking price.
- 854 Nicholas Run Drive, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on December 19th for $2,950,000.
On almost 2 acres in Great Falls, this 12,000 square foot home has a 4 car garage, 7 bedrooms, 8 full bathrooms and was just built in 2007. It sold for over $800,000 below the asking price.
- 1909 Macarthur Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on December 2nd for $2,315,000.
Newly built in 2008, this 5 bedroom 5 bathroom home on a 1/2 acre features a wrap around porch, high end appliances, and an outdoor living space with a stone fireplace and built-in grill.
Homes in this luxury price range are generally selling for quite a discount from asking price.
- 1421 N. Nash Street, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on December 5th for $1,775,000.
If overlooking the D.C. monuments is where you want to be, the new owner of this Arlington townhouse at Bromptons at Monument Place will be delighted. This 5 level townhouse with an elevator features a marble foyer, gourmet kitchen on the 5th floor with panoramic city views and a rooftop terrace. It is within a convenient distance to the Rosslyn Metro stop.
- 101 Quay Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on December 30th for $1,350,000.
This brick end townhouse in Old Town Alexandria overlooks the Potomac River and has 3 bedrooms, 2 full and 2 half bathrooms on 4 levels. It was built in 1971.
- 310 N. Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on December 19th for $1,250,000.
With 4 bedrooms, 3 full and 2 half bathrooms, this townhouse built in 1998 is right in the heart of Old Town Alexandria and came with 2 off-street parking spaces (a premium in Old Town Alexandria).
- 2209 12th Court North, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on December 18th for $966,600.
In the Courthouse area of Arlington, this brand new townhouse has a large outdoor terrace, Viking stainless steel appliances and has over 2,600 square feet of living space.
- 1401 N. Oak Street #910, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on December 30th for $1,650,000.
This penthouse at The Weslie features a magnificent view of D.C. and the monuments. Built in 1981, The Weslie condominiums have a 24 hour concierge. This condo has a spacious 2,154 divided between 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 bathrooms.
- 1600 Clarendon Blvd. #W406, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on December 3rd for $1,050,000.
The first of the three Wooster and Mercer Lofts to make the list this month. This 1 bedroom and den penthouse has 22 foot ceilings and a 600 square foot rooftop terrace. All the finest finishes and appliances adorn this 1,642 square foot condo.
- 1600 Clarendon Blvd. #W404, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on December 11th for $833,000.
Another penthouse at Wooster & Mercer Lofts. This one is slightly smaller at 1,269 square feet and the private rooftop terrace is 400 square feet.
- 1600 Clarendon Blvd. #M503, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on December 5th for $825,000.
This 1,488 square foot unit has a huge kitchen island with enough room for 6 barstools. With hardwood floors, Subzero and Wolf appliances, this 1 bedroom and den with 2 bathrooms rounds out the condo list for December.
Contact Brian Block, REALTOR/Attorney, RE/MAX Allegiance: Licensed in Virginia & Washington D.C. 703-626-0715. If you are interested in purchasing or selling a property in Northern Virginia including Arlington County, Alexandria City, Annandale, Burke, D.C., Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Lorton, Springfield, Washington D.C., contact Brian today.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: