Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for September 2008. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 43 sales topping $1 million during the month of September 2008 (less than 1/2 of the $1M+ sales in August)
SEPTEMBER'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 8322 Woodlea Mill Road, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on September 12th for $2,850,000.
Built in 1995, this 5 bedroom 5 1/2 bathroom home in the Woodlea Mill enclave of luxury homes features tray ceilings, a walnut library and a large private backyard.
- 1200 Janneys Lane, Alexandria, VA 22302 -- Sold on September 25th for $2,500,000.
On almost an acre in Alexandria, this 4 bedroom 2 1/2 bath home was completely renovated in 2003. It features an outdoor pool, spa, waterfall and flagstone terraces. The home was originally built in 1938.
- 11553 Tralee Drive, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on September 26th for $1,950,000.
More than 8,000 square feet of living space in this 6 bedroom home that sits on 1.77 acres in Great Falls. The property backs to trees and an equestrial trail. Many architectural details elight in this home including arched portals, octagonal turret wings, and 2 sideed fireplaces.
- 2605 Geneva Hill Court, Oakton, VA 22124 -- Sold on September 19th for $1,750,000.
Located in the Hannah Hills area of Oakton, this 9,000 square foot home on a cul de sac features extnsive renovations including new cabinetry, granite and stainless steel appliance. The three car garage ath the end of a circular driveway completes the picture of this home built in 1994.
- 1511 Spring Vale Avenue, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on September 9th for $1,745,000.
Completed in 2007, this custom home is a green one! It's energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly with top of the line amenties. It even has an elevator to all 3 levels of the 5 bedroom 4 1/2 bathroom house.
- 608 Fords Landing Way, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on September 19th for $2,100,000.
For the 2nd month in a row, the most expensive townhouse sale was in Fords Landing on the water in Old Town Alexandria. This end unit townhome features great views and a waterfront terrrace, two car garage and two fireplaces.
- 1313 N. 14th Street, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on September 26th for $1,525,000.
The selling point here was the roof-top views of Washington D.C., the monuments and the Potomac River. The townhouse has an elevator that services all 5 floors. At this Monument Place townhouse near Rosslyn, you can leave your 2 cars in the garage and walk to Georgetown, Rosslyn, Courthouse, and Clarendon.
- 426 S. Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on September 15th for $1,415,000.
Originally built in 1797, this historic home was restored since 2004. The home features 5 woodburning fireplaces, a large eat-in kitchen and top of the line appliances. From here, the new owner can enjoy all the sights and pleasures of Old Town Alexandria.
- 309 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on September 26th for $1,236,250.
Another historic home in Old Town Alexandria, this one was built in 1770 and has a swimming pool in the backyard! With 5 fireplaces, an updated kitchen, and lots of historic charm, this 4 level 3 bedroom townhouse was an easy sale.
- 2210 Scott Street, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on September 2nd for $1,050,000.
On a private cul-de-sac, this 2,800 square feet home with 3 bedrooms, 3 full bathrooms 2 half bathrooms is conveniently located near the metro, Georgetown, shops and restaurants. This is the largest model townhouse in the Palisades Park development.
If it's a townhouse for more than a million, you've got to be talking about Old Town Alexandria!
SEE AVAILABLE TOWNHOUSES IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA
- 1111 N. 19th Street #2601, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on September 5th for $2,451,300!
Can you believe it? A condo for over $2 million and it's not even on a beach! This 26th floor penthouse at Waterview had panoramic views of Georgetown, D.C., and monuments from every window. At 2,165 square feet, this newly built condo sits above the Hotel Palomar in Rosslyn.
- 702 Prince Street #2, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on September 15th for $871,000.
A distant second in sales price, this 2 bedroom condo features 12 foot ceilings in the heart of Old Town Alexandria.
- 1300 Crystal Drive #1706S, Arlington, VA 22202 -- Sold on September 22nd for $850,000.
The new owner of this Crystal City condo lives just down the hall from John McCain's condo on the same floor. With 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bathrooms, this 2,139 square foot condo features cherry cabinets, granite countertops, and Brazilian cherry wood floors. It also has panoramic views.
- 635 First Street #405, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on September 15th for $805,250.
This Old Town Alexandria condo features 1,780 square feet of living space in 2 bedrooms and a den. The kitchen features granite counters, Jenn Air stainless steel appliances and a Thermador stove. The condo also has two parking spaces.
- 1600 Clarendon Blvd. #402, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on September 12th for $700,000.
This one bedroom Penthouse at Wooster and Mercer Lofts in Arlington features 22 foot ceilings and a 300 square foot private roof top terrace. The appliances are all top of the line and this unit is just over 1,000 square feet.
Contact Brian Block, REALTOR/Attorney: Licensed in Virginia & Washington D.C. (703) 626-0715. If you are interested in purchasing or selling a property in Northern Virginia including Arlington County, Alexandria City, Annandale, Burke, D.C., Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Lorton, Springfield, Washington D.C., contact Brian today.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: