Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for June 2008. All information was obtained through MRIS.
JUNE'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 1028 Towlston Road, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on June 26th for $5,800,000.
This 7 bedroom 7 full bath home features about 20,000 square feet of lving space with a game room, theatre, exercise room, steam and sauna rooms and a grand circular double staircase. It was built in 2007 and sits on almost 2 acres.
- 6717 Wemberly Way, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on June 11th for $3,340,000.
Built in 1995, this colonial on a three acre lot has spacious rooms for entertaining and 6 bedrooms and 6 full baths on 4 levels. Over 10,000 square feet of elegant living.
- 6832 Georgetown Pike, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on June 16th for $3,300,000.
10 bedrooms! 10 full baths! Hardwood floors on four levels! 3 kitchens! Parking for 20 cars! I've run out of exclamation marks.
- 804 Great Cumberland Road, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on June 12th for $3,250,000.
On 5 acres, this home features a 2 story billiard room and a custom paneled library. With a pool, spa, outdoor stone fireplace, tennis court and gazebo, this home is for the outdoor and sports fanatic. Built in 1978 and renovated and expanded including a gourmet kitchen with all the best appliances.
- 11005 Beach Mill Road, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on June 6th for $3,000,000.
5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms totalling 9,000 square feet on 2 acres features a mineral springs pool, spa, grand patio and lots of charm.
No surprise that 4 out of the top 5 are in McLean, generally considered the ritziest suburb of Washington D.C.
- 1203 Stuart Robeson Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on June 24th for $1,700,000
This expansive townhouse in McLean was built in 1990 and was updated with a gourmet kitchen. Its 3 levels include 3 bedrooms, 4 full and 2 half bathrooms within this gated community.
- 737 S. Union Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on June 30th for $1,578,000.
Location. Location. Location. In the heart of Old Town Alexandria, this 2003-built 4 bedroom 3 full and 2 half bathroom townhouse makes walking to everything a breeze.
- 611 Queen Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on June 19th for $1,549,000.
Also in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, this historic 1795 townhouse features classical architectural details, heart pine floors, fine moldings, four fireplaces, and an English walled garden. All with two off-street parking spaces... a hot commodity in Old Town.
- 1420 Ingleside Avenue, McLean, VA -- Sold on June 30th for $1,050,000
This impressive 4 bedroom 4.5 bathroom townhouse in downtown McLean was built in 1999 with high ceiling, a gourmet kitchen with granite counters and sophistcated entertaining spaces.
Over 2400 townhouses are currently available in all price ranges throughout Northern Virginia.
SEE AVAILABLE TOWNHOUSES IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA
- 1300 Crystal Drive #1202, Arlington, VA 22202 -- Sold on June 30th for $1,200,000.
Every popular Crystal Gateway condominium with views of the DC Skyline, Potomac River and National Airport. This huge 2,650 sq. ft. condo is larger than many single family homes! It features 2 balconies, an Italian marble luxury bathroom, and all kinds of amenities, including indoor and outdoor pools. The Crystal City metro station is right around the corner.
- 602 Tivoli Passage Way #18, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on June 13th for $750,000.
A townhouse style condominium in Old Town Alexandria. An open floor plan, 12 foot ceilings and Paladian windows compliment this unit with patio, surround sound and gourmet kitchen. The location across the street from Trader Joes, 3 blocks to the Potomac River and 5 blocks to King Street can't be beat!
- 1300 Crystal Drive #406, Arlington, VA 22202 -- Sold on June 13th for $669,900.
While just over half the price of the other sale, this condo at Crystal Gateway measures in at 2,139 square feet. It has bulit-ins throughout, including a library and entertainment center and lots of bookcases. With a fully remodeled kitchen and new carpets and hardwood floors, this one looks like a deal!
- 1830 Fountain Drive #1002, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on June 20th for $647,000.
Built in 2005, the Paramount condo in Reston usually has a sale on this list. This 2 bedroom condo has plenty of space to spread out -- 1834 square feet. It features great views, a corner balcony, upgraded kitchen with granite and stainless steel appliances, and a jacuzzi.
- 11776 Stratford House Place #907, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on June 25th for $625,000.
Another Reston condo right near Reston Town Center. With 1641 square feet of living space and a marble foyer and bathrooms, this 2 bedroom 2 bath condo also features a state of the art kitchen and bay windows with views of the Reston Town Center and sunrise and sunset!
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: