Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for August 2011. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 79 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during August 2011. This is a significant decrease from the 91 sold in July and 128 sold in June. It seems that the luxury market is taking a bit of a breather.
Currently, there are 770 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million - this is just a slight decrease from the number that were on the market at this time last month.
AUGUST 2011'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 9600 Ferry Landing Court, Alexandria, VA 22309 -- Sold on August 4th for $8,260,000
This was a whopper of a sale! Built in 1939, this 11.75 acre estate on the Potomac River features a poolhouse, pool, carriage house, green house, stables and pier. The house itself has over 5,000 square feet of living space, 6 bedrooms, 4 levels and 4 fireplaces. On the market for 10 months (not unusual for a home in this price range), it sold for $1.24 million less than the $9.5 million asking price.
- 6661 Sorrel Street, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on August 31st for $3,425,000
Just 2 years old, this Langley Forest home has a park-like backyard, four car garage and the owners spent over $300K on the porch, landscaping and lower level additions. The home has over 8,000 square feet of living space on 3 levels and sold for $370K below the asking price.
- 831 Dolley Madison Blvd, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on August 1st for $2,800,000
This unique home in McLean had 8 bedrooms, 7.5 bathrooms and a generous 10,100 square feet of luxury space. The nearly one acre of grounds features an outdoor kitchen, lush organic gardens and a stone fireplace.
- 2124 Polo Pointe Drive, Vienna, VA 22181 -- Sold on August 15th for $2,585,000
Located on a high point in Vienna, this home overlooks 5 acres of pasture and trees. With 7 bedrooms, 6.5 bathrooms, a swimming pool and outdoor kitchen, the new owners will have plenty of space to entertain and enjoy. The home was built in 2001.
- 1411 N. Nash Street, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on August 12th for $1,986,885
This 5 level townhouse at the Bromptons at Monument Place overlooks the Potomac River and the D.C. monuments from the rooftop terrace. With almost 4,500 square feet of space, this townhouse features 3 vedrooms, 4 full bathrooms, a gourmet kitchen, curved staircase, elevator, and 2 car garage.
- 706 Kahn Place, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on August 15th for $1,700,000
Built in 1998, this Fords Landing townhouse is on the waterfront of the Potomac River with over 3,100 square feet of living space and great views of D.C. from every level of the 3 bedroom home.
- 370 N. Saint Asaph Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on August 12th for $1,580,000
In the heart of Old Town Alexandria, this townhouse was built in 1992 and each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom. It has off-street parking for one vehicle (a luxury in Old Town!) and 2,500+ square feet of space.
- 321 S. Saint Asaph Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on August 10th for $1,290,000
Built in 1900, this brick townhouse has a landscaped front garden, wide orginial heart pine floors, 3 fireplaces and an updated spacious eat-in kitchen with granite counters.
NOTE: August 2011 townhouse sales were unusual in that all of these sold for over $1 million! This is a rare occurrence in the years that I've been tracking the most expensive monthly sales.
- 1418 N. Rhodes Street #423, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on August 3rd for $789,900
Located at the brand new Rhodes Hill Square in Arlington, this 2 level condo has luxurious finishes, JennAir and Bosch appliances, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 parking spaces, and 2 blocks to the Courthouse Metro. That's a lot of 2's!
- 2001 N. 15th Street #1008, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on August 31st for $757,000
Over 1,550 square feet of space in this Platinum Penthouse condo at the Odyssey. This 2 bedroom unit has state of the art appliances, marble, granite, and hardwood floors. The building was built in 2006.
- 635 First Street #305, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on August 19th for $755,000
Built in 2004, this Liberty Row condo in Old Town Alexandria features 3 bedrooms and 2.5 baths on one 1,769 square foot level.
- 1418 N. Rhodes Street #417, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on August 12th for $711,000
Another Rhodes Hill Square unit similar to the one above, but not a corner unit.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: