What's Happening today in the Arlington, Virginia Real Estate Market?
The chart below details all of the closed home sales activity in Arlington, Virginia for July 2011:
Sales volume for July 2011 was up a bit in terms of number of sales and in total closed dollar volume comparing July 2011 with July 2010. Prices are slightly down from a year ago and days on market have increased quite a bit.
Here's a snapshot of the current market for Arlington Virginia home sales in mid-August 2011:
- Active homes for sale: 688. 208 homes, or about 30% of these Arlington homes have come on the market within the last 30 days!
- Average listing price in Arlington, VA: $711,591
- Price range: The least expensive listing price in Arlington is $69,500. The most expensive home is listed for $7,950,000.
- Average days on market: 78 days
- There's an additional 340 homes in Arlington that are currently under contract pending sale. 188 of those contracts were ratified within the last 30 days. Thus, there's been an average of over 6 homes a day in Arlington receiving contracts for sale over the last month.
As you can see from the stats above, Arlington remains a very active market.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: