The snapshot above is of the construction of the McLean Tysons Metro stop in McLean, Virginia.
Photo credit: wfyurasko
What's Happening today in the McLean, Virginia Real Estate Market?
Here's a snapshot of McLean Virginia home sales in the last 30 days from the early May 2011 through now:
MCLEAN VIRGINIA HOME SALES:
- Active homes for sale: 278 -- 78 of those have just come on the market within the last 30 days!
- Average listing price: $1,937,360. Yes, this seems like a very big number, but there are McLean homes available in all price ranges, though over 2/3 of homes available in McLean are priced over $1 million.
- McLean Homes sold in the last 30 days: 61. At this rate, it would take only 4.5 months for the current McLean inventory to sell. If you're thinking about selling your home in McLean, now may be a great time to do it.
- Average Sales Price: $1,032,282
- Median Sales Price: $800,000
- Average Days on Market: 53 -- time on the market has decreased substantially since earlier in the year. Homes are selling pretty quickly in McLean.
- Average Sales Price/Original Listing Price: 94.30%. This represents an average discount of over $60K off the asking price -- much of this will be seen in the upper brackets of McLean real estate.
Interesting Notes & Analysis:
Of the 278 currently listed for sale, 190 McLean homes or 68.3% are priced above $1 million. 88 McLean homes are priced over $2 million!
Prices for homes in McLean that sold within the last 30 days range from $210,000 to $5.975 million.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: