Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for April 2011. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 61 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during April 2011. This is on pace with the 60 sold in March and a sustained 33% increase from the 45 that sold in February. The spring market in luxury homes is definitely heating up!
Currently, there are 775 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million - this is a significant increase from the 678 that were on the market at this time last month. There's more available inventory which may make for a slightly higher amount of negotiating room for purchasers in this price range.
APRIL 2011'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 7853 Langley Ridge Road, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on April 28th for $4,250,000
This 16,000+ square foot home on 5.2 acres was sold as a foreclosure! The property borders a nature preserve in McLean and has an elevator, wine cellar and is just moments away from Tysons Corner. With 8 bedroom, and 10 full baths, this home is huge and sold for $750K under the asking price.
- 1123 Litton Lane, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on April 5th for $2,875,000
Built in 1999, this Colonial with almost 10,000 square feet of living space has a slate roof, Flemish Bond brick, stone patios, a gourmet kitchen, and 7 fireplaces. On an acre in McLean, this home has 7 bedrooms and 6 full bathrooms.
- 1942 Virginia Avenue, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on April 20th for $2,228,774
Under construction in Franklin Park (just down the street from my McLean office), this new home will be on a full 1/2 acre woodeed lot with over 8000 square feet of finished living area.
- 1338 Potomac School Road, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on April 11th for $1,775,000
This Georgrian Colonial is adjacent to Potomac School in McLean. Built in 1978, this home sold for just $75K under the asking price. It has 6 bedrooms and 3 full baths, a wrap-around deck and 3 custom fireplaces.
- 1490 Evans Farm Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on April 20th for $1,450,000
Popular on the list of most expensive townhome communities, Evans Farm in McLean had another pricey sale in April. This end-unit 5 bedroom townhome features a gourmet kitchen, butlers pantry, tray ceilings, and a location close to downtown McLean and future Metro stations.
- 208 S. Pitt Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on April 8th for $1,390,000
Built around 1820, this historic townhome in Old Town Alexandria features the original floors and moldings, 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, and two wood burning fireplaces. The home also includes paid parking at Hotel Monaco for 2 years.
- 1514 N. Colonial Court, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on April 19th for $1,075,000
This end-unit townhouse in Arlington has 12 foot ceilings, a kitchen with new stainless steel Jenn-Air appliances, and a private brick patio. Just under 3000 square feet of space.
- 229 N. Lee Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on April 15th for $1,012,000
In the heart of Old Town Alexandria, this townhouse came complete with 2 wall-mounted televisions, the gas grill and retractable patio awning! Built in 1998, this townhouse had 3 bedroom and 3 full bathrooms on 3 levels.
- 11990 Market Street #1012, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on April 29th for $1,115,000
A huge condo (over 2,100 square feet) with 3 bedrooms and 3 full baths at Midtown at Reston Town Center. It features a gourmet kitchen with a SubZero refrigerator and 5 burner gas cooktop. Four flat screen televisions came with this condo, as did 2 parking spaces!
- 2181 Jamieson Avenue #1108-1109, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on April 15th for $935,000
Located at the popular Carlyle Towers in Alexandria, this double combined unit has views of the George Washington Masonic Temple and of D.C. It features 3 bedrooms and 2 enclosed balconies.
- 2001 N. 15th Street #1006, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on April 1st for $917,900
At the Odyssey in North Arlington, this 2 bedroom, 2 bath and den penthouse condo has great views of Washington D.C. and all the luxury touches. The building has a roof-top pool and fitness center and is 2 blocks to the Courthouse metro station.
- 1600 N. Oak Street #520, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on April 29th for $805,000
Rounding out the list is this 2 bedroom unit at the Belvedere in Rosslyn. It's 1,640 square feet, built in 1987 and sold for $45K below the asking price.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: