This evening photo above is a great view of the Old Town Alexandria Waterfront. On the far right-hand side, you can see the outside deck of the Chart House restaurant and past the boats, in the background you can see the Torpedo Factory which houses local artist studios. During Spring & Summer evenings, the waterfront is bustling with musicians and other entertainers. (Photo credit: A Belani)
What's Happening today in the Alexandria, Virginia Real Estate Market?
Here's a snapshot of Alexandria Virginia home sales in the last 30 days from mid-March through now:
ALEXANDRIA VIRGINIA HOME SALES:
- Active homes for sale: 595 -- 246 (or 41%) of those have just come on the market within the last 30 days! Inventory is growing, which is a good thing for people looking to buy a home.
- Average listing price: $587,119
- Alexandria Homes sold in the last 30 days: 175; at that rate, there's about 3.4 month's worth of current inventory in Alexandria.
- Average Sales Price: $448,801
- Median Sales Price: $401,771
- Average Days on Market: 63
- Average Sales Price/Original Listing Price: 93.67%. There's some negotiating room for buyers and sellers are tending to drop their price after 30+ days on the market.
There are homes available for sale in Alexandria ranging from $62,500 to $5.7 million.
The highest priced closed sale in Alexandria so far this year was for $2.5 million.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: