Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for December 2010. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 70 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during December 2010, a big increase from the 57 sold in November and the 61 sold in October 2010.
Currently, there are 540 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million - this is an almost 14% decrease from the 623 that were on the market at this time last month.
December 2010'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 0 Sorrel Street, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on December 30th for $9,000,000
(will probably have a street number soon!) This almost 20,000 square foot estate has an elevator, gourmet kitchen, guest house, staff quareters, media room, spa area, climate controlled wine cellar, pool, tennis court, pond, 5 car garage and more. All you can say is WOW!
- 6615 Georgetwon Pike, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on December 9th for $4,060,000
Sold for more than $400K under the asking price, this Georgian-style home is just 3 miles to DC in the Langley area of McLean. The property totals 8 bedrooms, 8 full baths and over 11,000 square feet of living space.
- 3123 N. 9th Road, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on December 8th for $3,900,000
This was 3 homes sold together with the value in the prime land in Clarendon just 3 blocks to the Clarendon metro stop.
- 6500 Briarcroft Street, Clifton, VA 20124 -- Sold on December 17th for $2,500,001
On 5 acres in Clifton, this 5 bedroom, 9 full bathroom home was just completed in November 2010.
- 6202 Fort Hunt Road, Alexandria, VA 22307 -- Sold on December 17th for $2,500,000
Built in 1936, this Beaux Arts colonial on 1.4 acres across from the Belle Haven Country Club sold for $400K under the asking price. The home has 4 debrooms, 3 full bathrooms and 4,715 square feet of living space. There's also a guest house with a bedroom, bath, media room and office!
- 24 Wolfe Street #58, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on December 21st for $2,495,000
Located in Harborside in Old Town Alexandria, this townhouse feels like a detached home and offers magnificent views of the Potomac River facing south. The dining room has a crystal chandelier and sconces. The home has 4 fireplaces, 4 bedrooms and 4 full bathrooms and a 2 car garage.
- 516 Duke Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on December 30th for $1,800,000
Built in 1840, this Old Town Alexandria townhouse has fine moldings, 3 fireplaces, original pine floors, front and rear staircases and a slate roof. The garden features towering magnolia trees.
- 726 S. Union Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on December 3rd for $1,650,000
Another Old Town Alexandria townhouse -- this one built in 1991 -- features 5 floors of private living space all easily accessed by an interior elevator.
- 710 S. Union Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on December 20th for $1,175,000
Just a few doors down from the one above in Fords Landing, this townhouse has 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bahtrooms, lots of natural light and tree top views.
- 1111 N. 19th Street #3004, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on December 1st for $1,949,000
This condo is a whopper! 30th floor luxury penthouse at the Waterview Residences in Rosslyn abouve the Hotel Palomar. 3 bedrooms with awesome views of the Potomac River and Georgetown. It was the last available residence at The Waterview!
- 11900 Market Street #902, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on December 22nd for $835,000
Located at the Midtown at Reston Town Center, this 3 bedroom, 3 bathroom condo features 2,111 square feet of living space with great views of the park, fountains and the Reston Skyline.
- 3835 N. 9th Street #1005W, Arlington, VA 22203 -- Sold on December 20th for $745,000
Built in 2000, this condo at Lexington Square in Arlington has been extensively updates with over $50,000 of renovations. There's new bathrooms, kitchen, appliances, window treatments, light fixtures, wood floors and custom closets. Right near the Metro, this 2 bedroom plus den condo has 1,510 square feet of space.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: