Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for October 2010. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 61 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during October 2010, about the same as were sold in September 2010 (63).
Currently, there are 713 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million - slightly less than the 748 that were on the market at this time last month.
October 2010'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 1322 Balls Hill Road NE, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on October 28th for $10,200,000
October's biggest sale was a whopper of a home! Over $10M, thought that was a sweet $5M discount from the asking price! This unique estate on 2 acres features 16,221 square feet of living space spread throughout 7 bedrooms, 8 full bathrooms, and 3 half bathrooms. Built in 2006, this is a home truly designed for entertaining.
- 8115 Spring Hill Farm, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on October 5th for $3,100,000
Sold for $350K under the saking price, this 2009-built home on an acre in Spring Hill Farm has a slate roof, mahogany deck and a caterer's kitchen. With 6 fireplaces and 6,802 square feet of living space, it's a delight.
- 1379 Woodside Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on October 4th for $2,775,000
This Woodside Estates home was built in 2008 and comprises 8,053 square feet of living space. The house has an elevator, gourmet kitchen with 60 inch Viking grill and a 4 car garage.
- 1147 Crest Lane, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on October 14th for $2,725,000
On 1.5 acres, this Langley home features 6 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms on 3 finished levels and while it was built in 1947 it has been extensively and beautifully updated.
- 105 Falcon Ridge Road, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on October 4th for $2,150,000
Four finished levels in Falcon Ridge! This Great Falls home has 7 bedrooms, a circular driveway, 6,894 square feet of space on over 2 acres.
- 212 S. Pitt Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on October 13th for $1,900,000
Historic Old Town Alexandria! Built in 1770, this 2,649 square foot home has beautifully restored wood floors, crystal chandeliers, high ceilings and detailed moldings. The deep garden of this townhouse features loggia and a fountain for a quiet escape. The numbers: 5 bedrooms, 4 full baths, 6 fireplaces, and 4 levels.
- 703 Kahn Place, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on October 25th for $1,200,000
Located in Fords Landing, this four level luxury townhouse had 3 bedroom and almost 3,000 square feet of space. The private rear deck and patio back to green space and there's a 2 car garage.
- 721 S. Union Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on October 1st for $1,195,000
This Old Town townhouse was built in 2002 and is located in the Backyard Boats community. With 2,430 square feet of space on 4 levels, and close to everything in Old Town, this was a great buy.
- 3129 9th Road, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on October 7th for $1,039,900
Clarendon townhouse -- brand new in 2010. 4 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms with a 2 car garage. All the best -- wood cabinetry, granite counters, SubZero and Wolf appliances. About 2 blocks to the Clarendon metro.
- 11990 Market Street #1813, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on Octobrer 5th for $1,000,000
Located at the Midtown at Reston Towncenter, this 2 bedroom condo tops the list with floor to ceiling windows, 10 foot ceilings, a gourmet kitchen and nearly 2,400 square feet of living space.
- 1881 N. Nash Street #412, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on Octobrer 18th for $800,000
This Turnberry Tower condo on the 4th floor of the all-glass 26 story building is right by the Key Bridge in Arlington. The building was just finished in 2009.
- 1600 N. Oak Street #1220, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on Octobre 15th for $780,000
This totally renovated 2 bedroom condo at the Belvedere has D.C. monument and Potomac river views and 1,640 square feet of space.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: