Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for July 2010. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 105 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during July 2010, a slight drop from the 134 that sold in June 2010.
Currently, there are 776 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million.
JULY 2010'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 10350 Elizabeth Street, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on July 1st for $6,500,000
This AMAZING home features over 17,000 square feet of living space on 2.7 acres. Some of the features in this 2007 built 7 bedroom, 10 full bathroom home include 9 fireplaces, an inground pool, heated floors throughout the home, 6 dishwashers, 4 washers and 4 dryers and 2 built in cappuccino machines! It's truly a global home -- materials used to build the home are from 36 countries!
- 1149 Bellview Road, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on July 1st for $2,700,000
This 2005 French Chateau in McLean on 3.58 acres was sold for $750K under the asking price and also sold "as is." With 12 foot ceilings on the main level and a luxurious main level master suite, this large home is now someone's castle.
- 847 Alvermar Ridge Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on July 15th for $2,500,000
Located in the popular Reserve neighborhood of McLean, this 6 bedroom home with top of the line appliances was built in 2003 and sold for nearly $500K under the asking price.
- 502 Cathedral Drive, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 20th for $2,200,000
Built in 1961, this 4,677 square foot home has the following features: gourmet kitchen, great room, library, in-ground heated pool, finished lower level and 2 car garage.
- 7906 Old Falls Road, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on July 21st for $2,146,027
This brand new home was sold by the builder and features an open floor plan, a semi-detached au pair/in-law or office suite over a 3 car garage. It has 6 bedrooms, 6 full and 2 half baths on three finished levels.
- 207 S. Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 9th for $2,840,000
Right in the heart of Old Town Alexandria, this historic townhouse was built in 1807. It has 5 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms, a walled garden and 4 fireplaces. There's also parking for 3 cars -- very important in Old Town!
- 430 S. Lee Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 23rd for $1,528,000
Another historic Old Town Alexandria townhouse, this one was built in 1846. With tall ceilings, wood floors, and 2 wood-burining fireplaces, this 19th century home has 21st century amenities.
- 1496 Teague Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on July 16th for $1,487,000
This very large (over 6000 square feet) townhouse in Evans Farm was sold by one of the agents in my RE/MAX Allegiance office, Steve Thoman. It features 4 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, lots of built in bookshelves and a great recreation room on the lower level.
- 1910 N. Ode Street, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on July 15th for $1,150,000
This four level townhouse in Rosslyn is only 2.5 blocks from the metro. The townhouse features an amazing 46 windows! There's a gourmet kitchen with maple cabinets and chestnut granite, and a wrap around slate patio. The home was built in 1999 and has over 3000 square feet of living space.
- 20 Keiths Lane, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 1st for $1,010,000
Located in the Fords Landing community of Old Town Alexandria, this 4 level end unit townhouse has 3 bedrooms, 3.5 bathrooms and a 2 car garage. The home features hardwood floors, crown molding, a built-in bookcase, gas fireplace, and large walk-in closet.
- 901 N. Monroe Street #1306, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on July 28th for $997,500
Right next to the Virginia Square Metro, this huge condo (2,113 square feet) has tons of closet space, a very large balcony with outdoor stereo system, brand new stainless steel appliances, a wine refrigerator, and separate laundry room and pantry.
- 502 W. Broad Street #506, Falls Church, VA 22046 -- Sold on July 30th for $770,000
This condo at The Broadway in Falls Church is massive -- 2,693 square feet spread throughout 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms. There's a wrap around blacony, gourmet kitchen, and hardwood floors -- all within a short distance to the Metro.
- 600 Second Street #405, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 9th for $725,000
Built in 2004, this condo at Liberty Row in Old Town Alexandria features and open floor plan, hardwood floors and a gas fireplace.
- 2151 Jamieson Avenue #2-1904, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 14th for $725,000
Carlyle Towers is a popular condo building in Old Town Alexandria and this 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath unit features wood floors, a marble foyer, and a tiled glass enclosed balcony. There's a fantastic view from the 19th floor. It's close the Whole Foods, the movies, restaurants, and lots of shops.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: