Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for June 2010. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 134 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during June 2010, more than double the 62 that sold in May 2010! More than double!: It seems that the luxury market in Northern Virginia is heating up (with the weather).
Currently, there are 805 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million.
JUNE 2010'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 7029 Benjamin Street, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on June 11th for $3,603,350
This brand new custom home has 5 bedrooms and 5 1/2 bathrooms, a 3 car garage, 4 fireplaces all on a one+ acre lot in McLean.
- 895 Alvermar Ridge Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on June 25th for $2,600,000
A $2.6 million foreclosure! This home features over 11,000 square feet of living space, gourmet kitchen, 2 master bedroom suites on over an acre in The Reserve in McLean. It has a total of 7 bedrooms and 7 full bathrooms.
- 1174 Orlo Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on June 18th for $2,510,000
Located in the Woodlea Mill neighborhood in McLean, this 6,000 square foot brick colonial home features a two story marble foyer, gourmet kitchen, 5 bedrooms, 5 full baths, billiard room, and lots of special features. The home was built in 2000.
- 7601 Swinks Court, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on June 24th for $2,506,500
Another multi-million dollar foreclosure in McLean! This large home is nearly 13,000 square feet and was built in 2007.
- 4005 Belle Rive Terrace, Alexandria, VA 22309 -- Sold on June 21st for $2,385,000
The only non-McLean home to make the list in June, this one is located on a 2 acres with 360 feet of direct Potomac River frontage and has a private 300 foot boat dock. With water views from every room, multiple decks, balcoonies and proches, this home makes a nice retreat!
- 606 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on June 7th for $2,100,000
June's most expensive townhouse was sold in Old Town Alexandria. This historic home was built in 1790 and features spectacualr gardens, period woodwork, six fireplaces and a temperature controlled wine cellar.
- 7218A Farm Meadow Court, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on June 30th for $1,685,000
Located in popular Evans Farm, this large townhouse on a premium lot within the community features an elevartor that takes you to hardwood floors on all 4 levels, a gourmet kitchen with the granite and stainless steel appliances that you would expect, and custom designer touches throughout.
- 1423 Harvest Crossing Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on June 21st for $1,630,000
Another Evans Farm, McLean townhouse, this home has 3 bedrooms, 4.5 bathrooms, a media room, wet bar, exercise room, and elevator. All the bathrooms have granite counters in this 2003 townhouse.
- 1 Wilkes Street #50, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on June 25th for $1,299,000
Built in 1996, this Harborside townhouse in Alexandria has great Potomac River views from every level. The end unit townhouse has hardwood floors, two fireplaces, two parking spaces, and a boat slip.
- 500 S. Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on June 22nd for $1,180,000
2 blocks from the Potomac River, this 1973 townhouse in Old Town Alexandria has a renovated kitchen, wood floors on 3 levels, and a top fllor study with floor to ceiling bookcases.
- 1111 N. 19th Street #1607, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on June 15th for $809,000
This model condo at Waterview Residences in Rossyln came fully fuurnished and accessorized. With 2 bedrooms and southern exposure, this luxury condominium sits atop the Hotel Palomar and affords the owner use of hotel services. It's just 1 block to Rosslyn metro and just across the Key Bridge from Georgetown.
- 3835 N. 9th Street #808W, Arlington, VA 22203 -- Sold on June 9th for $755,000
One of Lexington Square's few 3 bedroom condos, this 2,528 square foot unit features built-in bookcases, a gas fireplace, gourmet kitchen, large pantry, and a master suite with spa tub.
- 888 N. Quincy Street #2001, Arlington, VA 22203 -- Sold on June 21st for $700,000
Located ath The Residences at Liberty Center, this Penthouse corner unit has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms with top of the line finishes throughout, including SubZero, Bosch, Miele appliances. Right in the heart of Ballston.
- 1600 N. Oak Street #1626, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on June 29th for $700,000
While it was built in 1987, the Belvedere still offers some of the most luxury condos in Arlington. This unit on the 16th floor has great views overlooking the Potomac River and the D.C. monuments from the large 13X9 open balcony.
In case you're keeping track, the pattern for most expensive homes in Northern Virginia usually follows a similar pattern:
Single family homes -- McLean Townhouses -- Old Town Alexandria Condos -- Arlington
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: