The title of this blog post pretty much says it all.
I'll repeat it here:
If you've been thinking about selling your house in Northern Virginia, follow these four important steps:
- Stop what you are doing right now. Seriously. Stop!
- Stop "thinking" about selling your house.
- Tidy up the house.
- Call me to help sell your house. (Call today at 703-626-0715)
Northern Virginia Housing inventory is at EXTREMELY low levels. A "normal" or balanced market means that there is 6 months of inventory of houses on the market. More than 6 months inventory favors buyers who have lots of homes to choose from. Less than 6 months inventory favors sellers who can take advantage of the lack of inventory to entice the buyers to buy their home.
In Northern Virginia, housing inventory is VERY VERY low.
City of Alexandria:
- 446 homes on the market
- 1,103 sales in last 6 months or 183.8 Alexandria home sales/month
- Currently ONLY 2.4 Months of housing inventory in Alexandria, VA
- 593 homes on the market
- 1,495 sales in last 6 months or 249.2 Arlington home sales/month
- Currently ONLY 2.4 Months of housing inventory in Arlington, VA
- 2,455 homes on the market
- 8,300 sales in last 6 months or 1,383 Fairfax County home sales/month
- Currently ONLY 1.77 Months of housing inventory in Fairfax County, VA
Okay, review the 4 steps above. I'll have my cell phone in hand all month.
Oh, one more reason to get started now: Buyers have until April 30th to take advantage of the extended homebuyer tax credit. You might be able to take advantage of the move-up tax credit yourself.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: