Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for July 2009. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 90 sales topping $1 million during the month of July 2009, keeping pace with the 92 $1M+ sales in June.
JULY'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 1201 Towlston Road, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on July 31st for $4,150,000.
After a $1 million price reduction, this home sold for $825K below the asking price. This 7 bedroom home on 5 acres within 3 miles of Tysons Corner features almost 11 square feet of space and green design. It was built in 2007.
- 8104 Spring Hill Farm Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on July 28th for $3,850,000.
Built in 2008, this almost 8,000 suare foot home features three finished levels and 5 bedrooms, 5 full and 2 half bathrooms. It sold for $350K under the asking price of $4.2M.
- 917 Douglass Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on July 7th for $2,590,000.
This brick colonial home features 4 upper level bedroom suites. Built in 1996, it sits on 3/4 of an acre and has 3 fireplaces. It went for $405K under asking price.
- 10351 Elizabeth Street, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on July 31st for $2,400,000.
With over 12,000 square feet of space, this massive 1 year old home also has a 4 car garage. On 2 acres, this house has 7 bedrooms and as many bathrooms. There's also a tennis court on this cul-de-sac lot. The home sold for $199K under the asking price.
- 1303 Kirby Road, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on July 9th for $2,225,000.
After a price reduction of $250,000, this home then sold for another $225K under listing price. In the Langley Reserve area of McLean, this 2006 home features a master bathroom with heated floors, 5 bedrooms and 6 full bathrooms.
While luxury homes continue to sell at a good pace, you can see from above that they are going for well below the original asking prices.
- 225 N. Royal Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 10th for $1,225,000.
In a prime Old Town Alexandria location, this Victorian townhouse built in 1875 was completely renovated and the kitchen overlooks a great 4 season garden. It sold after just 15 days on the market at asking price.
- 302 S. Fayette Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 31st for $1,220,000.
This courtyard style townhouse in Old Town Village features 2,780 square feet of space with over $150K of designer upgrades. It also has two gardens.
- 5706 Cricket Place, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on July 16th for $1,185,000.
Originally built in 1978, this townhouse in Merrywood on Potomac was renovated and has a kitchen with the best appliances: Subzero, Dacor, and Kitchenaid. The bathrooms were redone with granite and marble and custom built-ins. The townhouse had nearly 4,000 square feet of space.
- 1036 N. Stafford Street, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on July 1st for $965,000.
Selling for just $20K under the asking price, this Bromptons at Ballston townhouse is right in the heart of N. Arlington. It has 3 bedrooms 3.5 bathrooms and a 2 car garage.
- 1111 N. 19th Street #2302, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on July 3rd for $1,005,000.
A corner unit at Waterview Residences provides views of the Potomac River, Key Bridge, and Georgetown through the floor to ceiling windows. The condo is atop the the Hotel Palomar and room service is available -- how do you like that?
- 1200 N. Nash Street #854, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on July 31st for $830,000.
Prospect House is perenially one of the favorite luxury condos in Arlington. Why? The view. This 8th floor unit offers breathtaking views of the DC monuments and skyline from the large balcony and two story living room. The 2 bedroom condo has 1,398 square feet of space.
- 2001 N. 15th Street #1212, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on July 15th for $825,000.
This condo at the Odyssey was reduced over $300K from the original asking price. It was professionally decorated at a cost of over $100K and also has great views from the floor to ceiling windows in the 1635 square foot unit.
- 2121 Jamieson Avenue #1104-1105, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on July 9th for $790,000.
1,745 square feet of space make this Carlyle Towers condo very spacious. 3 bedrroms and 2 baths plus add the 216 square foot glass enclosed balcony.
Contact Brian Block, Managing Broker, REALTOR/Attorney, RE/MAX Allegiance: Licensed in Virginia & Washington D.C. 703-626-0715. If you are interested in purchasing or selling a property in Northern Virginia including Arlington County, Alexandria City, Annandale, Burke, D.C., Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Great Falls, Lorton, McLean, Springfield, Washington D.C., contact Brian today.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: