Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for April 2009. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 40 sales topping $1 million during the month of April 2009 continuing the pace from the 39 sold during March.
APRIL'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 7837 Westmont Lane, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on April 24th for $2,450,000.
This one's a whopper of a foreclosure sale! Bought brand new 4 years ago for $3.1 million, the 2009 tax assessment on this 7 bedroom, almost 8,000 square foot home is $2.6 million. It lasted only 18 days on the market before it was scooped up by a lucky buyer.
- 912 Clifton Drive, Alexandria, VA 22308 -- Sold on April 9th for $2,300,000.
This brand new home with 6 bedrooms, 6 full and 3 half bathrooms features a theater, fitenss room, library and a main level bedroom. On 3/4 of an acre in Alexandria, the home delights with over 9,000 square feet of space.
- 3111 N. Monroe Street, Arlington, VA 22207 -- Sold on April 27th for $2,116,000.
In the Bellevue Forest community, this 6 bedroom, 5.5 bathroom home sits on about .8 acre of wooded property. There's a multi-tiered heated pool and spa.
- 1575 Maddux Lane, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on April 22nd for $2,104,800.
Brand new house in Chalice Crest of McLean -- a community of 13 distinctive residences by Sekas Homes. This model has over 7500 square feet of space in 5 bedrooms, 5.5 bathrooms on 1/2 acre.
- 9610 Atwood Road, Vienna, VA 22182 -- Sold on April 10th for $1,800,000.
This mansion featured an inground poool with hot tub, a covered rear Lanai, and over 9,000 square feet of space on over an acre. Built in 2002, this home also features a phenomenal kitchen, an exercise room, media room, wine tasting room, and sauna, not to mention a circular drive and fountain!
- 5 Potomac Court, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on April 30th for $1,225,000.
Built in 1967, this 4 bedroom 3.5 bathroom townhouse has Potomac River views from every level. Two fireplaces, two gardens and a fully finsihed lower level complete the picture.
- 2211 N. Oak Court, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on April 3rd for $1,120,000.
Sporting amazing year-round views of the Potomac River and Georgetown, this Palisades Park townhouse features 5 fireplaces, 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms on 4 levels. Oh, and it was sold by my friend, D.C. REALTOR Pat Kennedy! Yeah Pat!
- 2235 Fairfax Drive #8, Arlington, VA 2201 -- Sold on April 7th for $1,043,270.
Now there's an interesting sales price! This Vista on Courthouse townhouse in North Arlington is only 2 blocks away from the metro and has garage parking for 2 cars. The home has 3 bedrooms and 2.5 bathrooms and a large outdoor terrace.
- 649 First Street #61, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on April 29th for $975,000.
On Liberty Row in Old Town Alexandria, this 4 bedroom, 3,500 square foot town house features a master suite that uses the entire 2nd floor. The 3rd floor bedroom has a private roof garden. Cool!
- 2001 N. 15th Street #1105, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on April 17th for $920,000.
While it sold for $130,000 under the listing price, this Odyssey Condo in Arlington was the top condo sale of the month. This 2 beroom and den condo is just blocks from the Courthouse Metro and features unobstructed views of the Washington Monument and U.S. Capitol.
- 1600 Clarendon Blvd #W206, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on April 9th for $845,400.
Condos at the Wooster and Mercer Lofts repeatedly make the list. This open loft with 1 master bedroom suite, 2 bathrooms and 10 foot ceilings has 1,650 square feet of living space. All the high end finishes.
- 1111 N. 19th Street #1701, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on April 29th for $740,000.
In the brand new Waterview condo building in Rosslyn, this unit features views of the Potomac River, Key Bridge and Georgetown through floor to ceiling windows. The condo is located above the new Hotel Palomar and condo owners can enjoy hotel services including room service! How do you like that?
- 2151 Jamieson Avenue #1407, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on April 28th for $730,000.
This 3 bedroom 3 bathroom condo includes a 40 foot glass enclosed balcony with southern exposure. The new kitchen has top-end appliances and a built-in wine bar/cooler. This Carlyle Towers condo has 2 parking spaces and all the amenities, including a short stroll to the King Street metro.
Contact Brian Block, REALTOR/Attorney, RE/MAX Allegiance: Licensed in Virginia & Washington D.C. 703-626-0715. If you are interested in purchasing or selling a property in Northern Virginia including Arlington County, Alexandria City, Annandale, Burke, D.C., Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Great Falls, Lorton, McLean, Springfield, Washington D.C., contact Brian today.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: