Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for March 2009. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 39 sales topping $1 million during the month of March 2009, a 50% increase from the number that sold in February! What economic crisis?
MARCH'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 7020 Benjamin Street, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on March 17th for $3,400,000.
This 2006-built home features over 11,000 square feet of living space in the Langley Forest community. With 12 foot ceilings, 4 fireplaces, and 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms, all on one acre, this was the most expensive home sold in March in Northern Virginia.
- 7607 Southdown Road, Alexandria, VA 22308 -- Sold on March 27th for $2,625,000.
Right on the Potomac River! This home has its own dock. All the main entertaining and living areas of the home overlook the river. Situated on 1/2 an acre and built in 1996, this home has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms.
- 7033 Elizabeth Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on March 30th for $1,995,000.
This new home with a 3 car garage, outdoor fireplace on a covered patio, and 6 bedrooms also features a 2nd floor media room and 3rd floor suite. After 304 days on the market, it sold for $150K less than the asking price.
- 1210 Corbin Court, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on March 16th for $1,925,000.
On almost an acre, this 55 year old home in Elmwood Estates has a carriage house, 3 car garage, maids quarters, 5 fireplaces, and an au-pair loft. There's even a custom audio system throughout the entire house.
- 11802 Yates Ford Road, Fairfax Station, VA 22039 -- Sold on March 6th for $1,747,000.
Though built in 1985, this home for all intents and purposes is only about 5 years old. Everything was completely updated with superb materials -- over $500,000 worth of improvements since being built Situated on 5 acres, this 9,346 square foot home is impressive.
- 1431 Harvest Crossing Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on March 11th for $1,275,000.
This elevator townhouse was built in 2003 in the Evans Farm community of McLean and has 4 bedrooms and 4.5 bathrooms.
- 125 Queen Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on March 23rd for $1,265,000.
Close to the Potomac River, this Old Town Alexandria townhome features a master suite with dressing room, luxurious bathroom with jacuzzi, steam shower, and bidet (is that a selling point?). This home was built in 1971.
- 1537 N. 22nd Street, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on March 17th for $1,100,000.
Located in Palisades Park, this townhouse has panoramic views of Georgetown and the Potomac River. With a 2 car garage and four levels, the townhouse also features a designer kitchen.T
- 700 Lyles Lane, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on March 2nd for $935,000.
Sold for $65K under the $1 million asking price, this Potomac Greens townhouse with 2 car garage has a great roof terrace with views of the Potomac River.
- 1830 Fountain Drive #1502, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on March 5th for $1,100,000.
Penthouse in the Paramount! Located in Reston Town Center, this huge 3,065 square foot 3 bedroom condo is larger than most single family homes! It features a marble foyer, sunset views, hardwood floors, 3 garage spaces, and more.
- 888 Quincy Street #1812, Arlington, VA 22203 -- Sold on March 30th for $726,000.
With a panormaic view of the entire DC area from the 18th floor, this 1,258 square foot condo features a 24 foot balcony. The Residences at Liberty Center condos were built in 2008 and remain a prime address in North Arlington.
- 400 Madison Street #1603, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on March 30th for $680,000.
In Old Town Alexandria, this condo at Alexandria House has views of the city, Potomac River, and the Masonic Temple. With marble bathroom,s, mahogany closets, wood floors, Viking appliances, and granite counters, the 1,298 square feet of space in this 2 bedroom condo is remarkable.
- 901 N. Monroe Street #205, Arlington, VA 22201 -- Sold on March 20th for $660,000.
Right on top of the Virginia Square metro stop, this 1,538 square foot condo has 2 balconies, 2 garage spaces, a gas fireplace, and a great location.
Contact Brian Block, REALTOR/Attorney, RE/MAX Allegiance: Licensed in Virginia & Washington D.C. 703-626-0715. If you are interested in purchasing or selling a property in Northern Virginia including Arlington County, Alexandria City, Annandale, Burke, D.C., Fairfax County, Falls Church City, Great Falls, Lorton, McLean, Springfield, Washington D.C., contact Brian today.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: