Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for February 2011. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 45 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during February 2011. This is just a slight increase from the 42 that sold in January but still significantly down from the 70 that sold in December 2010. This reflects an overall slow period for real estate during the Winter.
Currently, there are 611 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million - this is a slight increase from the 566 that were on the market at this time last month.
FEBRUARY 2011'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 10859 Wolfe Hill Lane, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on February 18th for $3,400,000
On 5 acres in Great Falls, this 2009-built home delights with a 24 foot reception hall, a marble ball room, 8 fireplaces, and more. It has 7 bathrooms, 6 full and 3 half bathrooms. On the lower level, there's a cinema, lounge, and billiards room. Sounds great, doesn't it?
- 1426 Julia Avenue, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on February 24th for $2,312,675
Located in Salona Village of McLean, this brand new home was completed in November 2010 with quality finishes on over half an acre wooded lot. It has 6 bedrooms and 7 full bathrooms and nearly 6,000 square feet of living space.
- 6041 Edgewood Terrace, Alexandria, VA 22307 -- Sold on February 4th for $2,100,000
This new construction home in Belle Haven sold for about $250K under the asking price. Close to Old Town Alexandria and the Belle Haven Country Club, this 6 bedroom 6 bathroom home looks really nice.
- 2782 Marshall Lake Drive, Oakton, VA 22124 -- Sold on February 18th for $1,902,000
11,000 square feet of luxury home overlooking beautiful lakes in Oakton! What could be better. How about buying it for $285K under the asking price. With 5 bedrooms and 5 full bathrooms, this home also features two sunrooms, two screen-in porches, a library with custom cabinetry and a master suite veranda!
- 227 Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on February 11th for $2,500,000
Originally built in 1862, this Old Town Alexandria townhouse was completely renovated so that there's gorgeous floors and molding, new bathrooms, kitchen, media room and according to the listing even the windows were restored. The townhouse has over 3,600 square feet of living space spread throughout four bedrooms, 4 full bathrooms and a chef's kitchen.
- 1458 Harvest Crossing Drive, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on February 24th for $1,480,000
Located in Evans Farm in McLean, this end unit stone townhouse has a 3 car garage, 4 living levels, Viking appliances in the kitchen, a private patio, sauna, marble master bathroom, and an elevator! There's also 3 fireplaces. It was built in 2002.
- 910 Cameron Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on February 28th for $1,040,000
Right in Old Town Alexandria, this almost 4,000 square foot townhouse includes wide wood floors, high ceilings, original window trim and a striking staircase. It's one of the oldest homes around -- built in 1798! There's an attached rear two car garage.
- 702 Blueberry Hill Road, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on February 14th for $975,000
Built in 1973, this townhouse in Merrywood on the Potomac is located just one traffic light to Washington D.C. and has hardwood floors on all three levels. It was recently renovated and the elegant living and dining rooms are perfect for formal entertaining.
- 1881 N. Nash Street Penthouse #10, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on February 2nd for $2,250,000
This condo is amazing! This penthouse at Turnberry Towers has over 2,200 square feet of luxurious living space with an amazing view and a private elevator right up to the unit.
- 1881 N. Nash Street Penthouse #08, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on February 2nd for $1,950,000
Another Penthouse unit at Turnberry Towers, this one with 2,039 square feet of luxury.
- 1615 N. Queen Street #M206, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on February 25th for $1,020,000
Located at the Wooster and Mercer Lofts (on the Mercer side), this 2,282 square foot loft home has 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and a loft. It also has a large private patio, 22 foot ceilings and large floor to ceiling windows. It sold for just $59K under the asking price.
- 1881 N. Nash Street #1709, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on February 18th for $1,000,000
17th floor at Turnberry Towers is a bit cheaper than the penthouse units. Half the price. It's also a smaller condo -- one bedroom and den -- 1,642 square feet. Like all the units int he building it's got Italian cabinets, European appliances and marble baths.
- 1530 Key Boulevard #1327, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on February 17th for $785,000
This penthouse unit at the Atrium is on 2 levels and the floor plan exeeeds 2,400 square feet of living space. The unit has been updated with a "Euro" kitchen, custom cabinetry, and it's two blocks to the Rosslyn Metro.
NOTE: All the most expensive condo sales in Northern Virginia for February 2011 were in the Rosslyn area of Arlington!
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: