Love is in the air! Literally.
Valentine's Day lurks around the corner in just over 2 weeks. Amazon.com just announced the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the U.S.A. Guess what? It's no surprise that the Commonwealth of Virginia tops the list with 3 cities. After all, people around the country and the world know our state slogan "Virginia is for Lovers."
Better than that, ALEXANDRIA, VIRGINIA WAS NAMED THE MOST ROMANTIC CITY IN THE COUNTRY.
Alexandria beat out such places as Miami, Atlanta, San Francisco, and Austin (respectively numbers 3, 10, 15, and 18). Neighboring Arlington, Virginia ranked #9, and Washington D.C. was #11. Richmond, the capital of Virginia held its own for romantic inclinations at #19. So, while people may leave their hearts in San Francisco, they obviously come to Virginia when their amorous spirit infuses their soul.
To find these results, Amazon.com compiled sales data of romance novels, relationship and sex books since Jan. 1, 2008, on a per capita basis in cities with over 100,000 residents.
From the charm of the Potomac River, the historic homes in Old Town Alexandria, the proximity to D.C., the unique and eclectic shops of King Street, the variety of restaurants, and the temperate climate, what's not to love about Alexandria?
Romance, romance, romance.
Need some ideas for Valentine's Day in Alexandria?
Here's a few:
- In the heart of Old Town Alexandria, shop for lingerie, bath items, candles, and other romantic gifts at Romance for the Senses at 1102 King Street.
- How about a stroll along the Potomac River and a visit to The Torpedo Factory where you and your loved one can gaze at beautiful artwork and crafts from local artisans (and maybe find that perfect piece to adorn your bedroom wall)?
- Romantic dinner -- you can't beat Restaurant Eve, the highly rated intimate restaurant at 110 S. Pitt Street. Better book now. Valentine's Day is sure to sell out.
- Take a walk with your significant other around the lake and gazebos at Ben Brenman Park, adjacent to the Cameron Station neighborhood. You'll spot Canadian geese, turtles, fish, and maybe even a beaver or two.
- Don't forget to stop into one of Hallmark's 3 Alexandria locations and find the perfect card for your sweetie.
While you're out and about in the most romantic city in the country, why not check out some of the charming homes such as the Historic Homes of Old Town Alexandria, Condos at Watergate at Landmark, the large balconies at Alexandria Knolls West, or Condos in Cameron Station?
Buy a home in Alexandria, Virginia and set up your own little love shack (or bachelor pad)!
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: