Are you wondering about Northern Virginia real estate and pondering what has sold recently?
Here's some information about the most expensive home sales in Northern Virginia (Arlington County, Alexandria City, Fairfax City, Fairfax County, and Falls Church City) for October 2011. All information was obtained through MRIS.
Overall, there were 52 Northern Virginia home sales topping $1 million during October 2011. The numbers continue to decrease from this Summer. Things are a bit slower in the luxury market right now.
Currently, there are 708 homes on the market in Northern Virginia with list prices topping $1 million - this is a decrease from the number that were on the market in recent months.
OCTOBER 2011'S MOST EXPENSIVE SALES
Single Family Detached Homes:
- 903 Turkey Run Road, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on October 27th for $7,501,310
This brand new luxury home was custom built on one acre in Turkey Run in McLean. With over 9,300 square feet of living space, 6 bedrooms, and 7 full bathrooms on 3 levels, the new owner will have plenty of area to spread out.
- 9600 Ferry Harbour Court, Alexandria, VA 22309 -- Sold on October 28th for $3,500,000
Expansive views of the Potomac River from this 5 acre estate include a 340 foot waterfront, dock, and gated entry. The home itself has 5 bedrooms, an elevator, new hardwood floors and a 40X60 foot garage (enough for 7 cars). There's also a pool with a cabana. This Georgian Colonial was built in 1942.
- 8537 Old Dominion Drive, McLean, VA 22102 -- Sold on October 6th for $2,950,000
This was a foreclosure sale and sold for $450K under the asking price. The home has over 14,000 square feet of space on 4 levels and over 3 acres in McLean. Wow - 9 bedrooms, 8 full and 5 half bathrooms, and 7 fireplaces. It was built in 1990.
- 129 Commonage Drive, Great Falls, VA 22066 -- Sold on October 6th for $2,695,000
Situated on over 5 acres, this custom built home features an award winning garden pavilion overlooking 3 ponds with waterfalls! There's a 4 car garage, a screened porch with fireplace, and 6 bedrooms, 5 full bathrooms.
- 608 Fords Landing Way, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on October 14th for $1,860,000
An end model townhouse at Fords Landing with a riverfront terrace, French doors and wonderful views of the Potomac River! With anewly renovated kitchen, master suite and sitting room, and $150,000 or more of upgrades, this Old Town Alexandria townhouse sold for just $90K below the asking price. It has over 3,100 square feet of living space on 4 levels.
- 1406 N. Meade Street, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on October 28th for $1,650,000
Built in 2000, this townhouse at Monument Place in Arlington overlooks Iwo Jima Memorial and Washington D.C. It has over 3,000 square feet of livable space with 3 bedrooms and 3.5 bathrooms on 5 levels.
- 702 Fords Landing Way, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on October 6th for $1,792,000
Another great Fords Landing townhouse with river views and spacious living. The great kitchen features cherry cabinetry and granite countertops. Sold for $180K below the asking price.
- 106 Princess Street, Alexandria, VA 22314 -- Sold on October 7th for $995,000
This Old Town Alexandria townhouse rounds out the list. With 2,629 square feet of space, this home was built in 1971 and features incredibtle river views, a huge loft with a wet bar and a spiral staircase that leads to a unique glass enclosed sunroom with 360 degree views. There's also a rooftop deck and a one-car garage, plus a private brick patio.
- 1830 Fountain Drive #1502, Reston, VA 20190 -- Sold on October 21st for $1,200,000
Located in Reston Town Center, this penthouse at the paramount has views from Tysons to the Blue Ridge Mountains. With over 3,000 square feet of space, this 3 bedroom 3.5 bathroom condo is huge and features a large master bderoom, large balcony and a kitchen with granite counters and stainless steel appliances. It sold for just $100K under the asking price.
- 1600 Clarendon Blvd #W405, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on October 6th for $1,165,000
At the desirable Wooster and Mercer Lofts, this 1,768 square foot 2 bedroom 2 bathroom condo features a 900 square foot terrace with a Jacuzzi and 75 foot wraparound balcony.
- 1450 Emerson Avenue #403, McLean, VA 22101 -- Sold on October 14th for $1,050,000
Built in 2005, this condo at the Palladium at McLean has over 2,500 square feet of living space and is close to all the local shopping of downtown McLean.
- 1615 N. Queen Street #M401, Arlington, VA 22209 -- Sold on October 14th for $1,005,000
Another Wooster and Mercer Lofts condo -- this one slightly larger with 1,829 square feet sold for just $24K under the asking price and features a gourmet kitchen with Wolf and SubZero appliances.
Thank you for reading my blog post. If you like what you’ve read, then please: